Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Blog Without a Title as "Movie Night" is a Bad Title.

I feel it is my duty to post a new blog post at least once a month. I am in full realization that I have failed this before and will most likely fail this again. And still, when one has the oppurtunity to do his or her duty without any hindrance or too much exertion, I believe it ought to be done. And hence, I am typing.

...

Last night I was blessed to have a night to hang out with Gracie as the rest of the family was out at a Thanksgiving dinner. We (mostly I) planned to watch a movie, play Uno, eat gluten-free goodies, paint nails, and laugh/talk/catch up on life. (Grace objected to all of it in some manner or another, but consented at last when I agreed we would watch a Bible video.) We ended up watching "One Night with the King," a movie based on the story of Esther. While it is a serious plot, I was laughing thoughout most of it. Grace kept commenting on how it was completely incorrect historically and that a great deal of it was "fantasised." (These objections of hers included the very dramatized romance between Esther and the King, the story behind Haman, and many little nuggets of information on clothing styles, architecture, languages, etc.)

--- I kept thinking how intelligent she is about the Bible. Truly, imagine if each of us indulged ourselves for hours of our days in Scripture, knowing everything about it, studying it as if nothing else mattered in the world. What if we had the eagerness my sister has to know the Word given to us by the Lord, would we not know our Maker in a far more beautiful way? ---


With all that said, we had a great night. Grace was a fantastic sport about it all and I felt completely spoiled.

I wish you all as wonderful a night as I had. :)

1 comment:

  1. That's great, Katherine :) I loveeee how Grace pointed out all the historical inaccuracies. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete